Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Stuffed Pesto Chicken



This is just something I put together the other night and it ended up really good. 
It's low carb and delicious.



Ingredients used:

Boneless chicken breasts (I used 3 but one for each serving)
Parmesan cheese
Mozzarella shredded or sliced
Pesto
1 can of diced Italian seasoned tomatoes
Italian Seasoning
Fresh Basil
Chopped garlic
Olive Oil

Ingredients "to taste" you really can't mess this up. 

"Stuffing"

I used Shredded Mozzarella, pesto, and chopped garlic and mixed them up in a bowl.


I sliced the chicken breasts nearly in half to create a pocket to stuff. I stuffed with the above stuffing and placed the chicken in a casserole dish with a bit of olive oil to keep chicken from sticking. I sprinkled some fresh basil and Parmesan cheese on top along with Italian seasoning. 

Before Placing the chicken in the oven I poured one can of chopped tomatoes on top (drained) and covered with a piece of foil.

Cook for about 20-30 minutes on 400 degrees, depending on the thickness. 

ENJOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment